Sunday, November 4, 2007

Katie Trashes the Dress... my dress, actually

I really dig the whole trash the dress concept. Really. It's so cool to introduce a little fashion photography into wedding photography. I"ve talked to quite a few people about it, and to most, the thought of trashing a perfect white dress seems a little scary, which is totally understandable :). But, for those of you who may be interested in seeing a little more of what trashing the dress can look like, I hosted this session. I asked Katie to model for my friend Kristen and I for a tame version of a trash the dress shoot ;). Although it was really cloudy and even started to rain a few times, we still had a great time! I'm still editing through them, but I couldn't wait to share a few! Here are some of my favs so far:



Katie just got back from Japan where she got this awesome tattoo that she designed herself.





Funny story behind this dress... I wanted to get a dress off ebay since we were planning on it getting a little dirty, so all summer long I bid on dresses with no luck. Right when September hit, though, that all changed. In two days, I won 4 dresses. Yeah, that's right. FOUR wedding dresses! My my my... how quickly the ebay wedding dress market can change!




I have another tame trash the dress session come soon featuring Micah and Meg! We met up yesterday to go downtown, and I can't wait to show off how cute these two are!

If you're interested in scheduling a trash the dress session, shoot me an email! Oh, and if you don't want to trash your own dress... I may have a few lying around :).

4 comments:

Tanya said...

That is cool. She's pretty and the dress looks amazing.
I'm like you, I don't think I could ever trash my dress. Ebay was a good idea.

Charity Craig said...

I love your work! I found you from Ricky Brewer. Hope to meet in the future!

Lyndsey said...

YESSSSSS!!! LOVE taint the dress idea! :) i love the pics that you've posted so far... cant wait to see the next round. yippee skippeee!

Tony and Kristen Mueller said...

Awesome shots...I love how even though we were both there, we have different shots...you did awesome! These shots are great!