Saturday, October 10, 2009

Megan and Ryan :: Married

When I was in elementary school, we sure did a lot of plays. It seemed like every time we turned around, there would be a Christmas program or spring program or a graduation program. And there was a lot of singing. Oh my, was there ever singing...

One year, the class a couple grades below me had these adorable 1st grade twins, Megan and Melissa, who dressed up like cats and played the parts of Siamese cats. I can still see them with their whiskers painted on their faces and their hands clasped together as they sang. I remember watching them and thinking that being a twin was so cool and wishing that I had twin sisters.

When I was in high school, I was kind of a dork. Big surprise, I know. But I was a cheerleader and Megan was on my squad. We had so much fun together... all those bus trips and evening practices and carpooling home together.... During one trip to Michigan, Megan's family came up to watch her cheer, and they ended up staying in Michigan a little longer so they could visit the Mall of America... and they invited me to stay with them. I can remember walking around that ginormo mall with one twin on each side of me, both giggle and chatting non-stop. It's one of my favorite memories from high school.

And as luck would have it, Megan and I ended up at the same college. Well, I guess it was more like providence and divine guidance than luck, actually. Her admissions counselor made quite an impression on her and she spread the word about what a great place the school was. After I checked it out, I was sold and I moved to St. Louis. (side note - I ended up marrying her admissions counselor!) Throughout our time in St. Louis, we had quite a few coffee dates and were able to build a friendship that I treasure. Actually "treasure" doesn't even come close to describing what our friendship means to me

And then she told me she was getting married :). And I was so honored to be able to document her wedding day. A few months before the wedding, Megan sent me a text that said that she always considered me more like a sister. And I still have that message saved on my phone.

Megan and Ryan, you have no idea how privileged I was to shoot your wedding and share in your day. I'm beyond honored.

And now the photos from Megan and Ryan's lovely Kansas City wedding:

her bling


his bling






This perfectly describes the way Megan was on her wedding day. So full of joy and excitement and anticipation


Twins


Right after her dad prayed a blessing on Megan before she saw Ryan for the first time




The ladies


The gents


And the very happy couple




Jon grabbed this shot of Megan entering the church and I dig it


The guests stretched across the aisle to join hands in prayer for Megan and Ryan's marriage. It was very moving and Jon's view of this portion of the ceremony captured the emotion perfectly






Megan and Ryan infused their personalities into so many little details of the wedding. check out what they used for their toasts.. yeah, that's right... root beer floats. And what flavor was their cake? None other than their favorite, confetti. Which also happens to be my favorite too :). Well, and I like strawberry too. And chocolate. And white... ah, who am I kidding. I love it all. And that's why I need a personal trainer:).


Melissa and Megan after Melissa's toast


Somebody was peeking during prayer. It was Ruby. And, well, me.


After Megan and her dad had been dancing for a bit, the DJ invited other father/daughters to come up and finish the dance with them, which I thought was pretty cool :)


Musical chairs. A surprise for the groom


4 comments:

renee said...

love it! as usual, lisa, you are fabulous!!! yay for mego!!!!!!!! love you both lots!!!!!!!!!!!!

brit said...

LOVE the shot of the bridesmaids and the bride laughing. It's so "real." And the picture Jon got of the entire church with everyone stretched out is fantastic!

Tony and Kristen Mueller said...

I cried looking at these pictures!! Being in your's and Megan's wedding have been the coolest experiences...but you shooting Megan's wedding was so amazing! We were all able to share in this special day in such a cool way!!! Oh, I love us girls laughing! CAnnot wait to see them all!

Katie said...

Kristen- I almost cried too! Maybe it's just knowing Megan and what a beautiful spirit she had, or maybe it's the great photography!