Friday, October 30, 2009

Lauren and Erik :: Engaged

Ah, there are so many words I could use to describe the weather in St. Louis this month....

gray.
wet.
depressing.
dark and cloudy.
blustery.
so rainy that my jeans that are too long are always wet from the over abundance of puddles.

But, there's something I've found that makes all the nastiness of this cold rainy weather all but disappear.... and that is a couple in love.

Lauren and Erik are one of those couples.

We had scheduled their session months in advance and the weather looked like it could go either way the whole day. It was cloudy and even rained during a bit of the session, but that didn't stop Lauren and Erik from having a great time with each other. And that made their photos just a little bit awesome. well, who am I kidding.... they made their photos a WHOLE LOTTA awesome. Don't ya think?

We started the shoot out at a coffee shop while I hoped and prayed the skies wouldn't open up.


The back patio of the coffee shop is amazing. Uh and so are Lauren and Erik :).


I love this sequence of them walking from the coffee shop




I think this one might just be my favorite.




how amazing are Lauren's shoes??




See how fun they are? I knew right away it didn't matter if it was blue skies or torrential downpour, Lauren and Erik would have a great shoot because they are such a fun couple.







Thanks, Lauren and Erik, for being the bright spot in the day :). Can't wait for your wedding next year!

1 comment:

brit said...

These turned out great! Gorgeous as always, Lisa! Hope you enjoyed meeting with one of my brides today (Mary)!!