Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Tiffany and Jay :: Mid-Spring Snow and the Little Mermaid

I had the opportunity to shoot such a fun wedding at the beginning of April in my hometown of Kansas City, Mo. It was quite nostalgic for me because I also go to spend time with the 'rents and my brother, in addition to seeing tons of people I know at the wedding. It was seriously such a fun wedding, full of laughter and not an ounce of stress. Seriously. I took so many photos, there no way I could fit all my favs in one post. Check out my Facebook page for more photos ;).

The last time I saw Tiffany, she was twelve.

Yeah, she's grown up a little :).
Photobucket

Tiffany is my good friend Charity's little sister and they were such a fun family to be around on that cold Saturday in Kansas City.
Photobucket

Photobucket

And it so warmed my heart to see that the bridal party enjoyed a morning snack from Hy-Vee, the grocery store that I worked at all through high school.
Photobucket

Beautiful flowers
Photobucket

Ya know, you can tell a lot about a person by their shoes. Tiffany's shoes... so indicative of her laid-back and fun personality
Photobucket

And Charity's shoes... totally fabulous, just like her :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Tiffany and Jay chose to see each other before the wedding so they would have more time for photos... which i LOVE! The had a private moment together in the church as they saw each other for the first time
Photobucket

We had grand plans of heading to Unity Village for photos of the couple, but Kansas City had a snow storm. Yeah, go figure! But the church had BEAUTIFUL windows that let in some gorgeous light, so it all turned out great! AND, Tiffany and Jay had already scheduled a Day-After session with me for late June for some more relaxed portraits of them in their wedding gear, so you'll definitely be seeing some outdoor photos of them later this summer.
Photobucket

Jay was so taken with his bride he just had to grab a pic of her with his cell phone :).
Photobucket

Photobucket

And this might possibly be the wedding with the cutest kids ever. See what I mean?
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The lovely ladies
Photobucket

and handsome gents
Photobucket

I love this photo of Tiffany's dad. I can only imagine the emotions he must have been feeling as he watched that cute little flower girl just moment before he gave his own little girl away.
Photobucket

Tiffany had songs from the Little Mermaid AND High School Musical in her wedding. Um, yeah. I liked that a lot :).
Photobucket

Married!
Photobucket

3 ways you can tell you're at the wedding of a youth pastor:

GI Joe delivers the groom's cake
Photobucket

Adult youth workers rap a personalized song about the bride and groom
Photobucket

A trio of high schoolers surprise the newlyweds with a rousing version of "My girl," in three part harmony mind you.
Photobucket

Some reception details
Photobucket

Tiffany and Jay, thank you so much for letting me share in your joy. I can't wait to see you all again in June!
Photobucket

4 comments:

CaReY bEaRy said...

This seriously looks like the coolest wedding ever. I love her dress, the bridesmaids dresses, the shoes are fabulous and the cake is picture perfect!! How fun! Great pics.

Tony and Kristen Mueller said...

Great pictures!!! Also, the groom taking pictures of his bride, how priceless! I loved the pictures...as always, you are the best!

renee said...

wow...this is soooo weird. i think he and i were a mom and pop at super summer together one year. did he go to HLG??

Jharder said...

Loved the pictures. This looked like quite a colorful wedding, in more ways than one.