Monday, April 21, 2008

Marvelous Monday #7 :: time to say goodbye

All the signs seem to point to spring, and I am SO ready to bid winter goodbye. The university where we live seems to end unusually early, and after this week, our dorm will be quiet once again. Yeah, that's right. Classes are over this week! I'm so excited to dive headfirst into the adventures I have planned for this summer, but I have to admit... there is one thing that makes me a little sad to see this semester go. As of Thursday, my photo class is over.

To be honest, I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I was offered the opportunity to teach a photography class. It was SO much more work than I expected, but wow, it was even more rewarding than I thought it could be. I am SO proud of the way each of my students has progressed this summer and last Thursday, I think I was the proudest teacher on campus.

For their final project, each student had to pick a topic or theme to communicate through twelve different photos. After tying the whole project together with an artist statement, they had to print their photos and present them to the entire class. I was really blown away by the complexity and artistic ability of their work (you should check out their blogs... most of them have posted their final project online by now)

Photobucket
And here they all are after the final presentation in the Perk (from front left):John, Leah, Michelle, Sarah, Kelly, Jordan, Stacie, Mike, Matt, and (not pictured) Jacob. I'm convinced this is the BEST class ever and I'm seriously considering not teaching the class again because I don't see how any class could compete with the radness of this one :) Good luck to you all!

1 comment:

Jacob said...

That's what I get for skipping the final.