Saturday, March 22, 2008

Chicago baby!

I heart Chicago. Several of my fondest college memories are centered around early morning trips to the Windy City, and I was so excited to stop in for an engagement session for our new friends Matt and Aubrey (pics of the shoot and related adventures coming soon!). When we weren't shooting, we did a LOT of shopping, mostly at Nordstrom Rack (designer jeans for cheap baby!) and, of course, IKEA :). If you've never been to IKEA, you should go just for the experience.... and wear really comfortable shoes and plan on spending many, many hours there :).

Here I am at one of the restaurants (yes, ONE of the RESTAURANTS) at IKEA, sporting my new coat from the Rack. I was going to for a Norwegian look... you know, when in Sweeden....
Photobucket

In addition to all the cool furniture and fixtures, IKEA also had awesome escalators :). As you'll note below, one escalator is for people and one is for carts. Those Sweedes sure are smart.
Photobucket


After two days of shopping hard, we got to see Wicked at the Oriental Theatre and it was absolutely amazing! If you haven't seen it, you should make every effort to go! Even Jon loved it.
Photobucket

Photobucket
(all photos taken with my iPhone)

Now that we're back in St. Louis, Jon is putting together all of our new furniture, most of which is for our office. He's following the directions really well... because there's no words, only pictures, on all pieces of furniture from IKEA. I kid you not. I'll have some before and after pictures soon.

Check back soon because I've had 4 awesome shoots in the last week that I can't wait to share!

Happy Easter!

2 comments:

Jharder said...

Between that bluish background and that coat you're wearing it looks like you're having lunch outdoors. By the way I saw Wicked when it came to the Fox. It had the same Alpheba (sp?) as the one from Chicago. She was amazing. The show was amazing. Loved it! I'm jealous.

Tony and Kristen Mueller said...

You in a hat = CUTE! Glad Cheek-a-go was good!