Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Tony and Jessie, Pt 1

When I first met Tony and Jessie for a cup of coffee to chat about wedding details, I couldn't have been more thrilled to work with such a great couple. From the way they looked at each other, talked to each other, sat next to each other... I could sense how close their hearts were knit together. And I guess it makes sense because their romance is the kind of story that movies are made of.

Turn the clock back a few years with me....

After knowing Jessie for some time, Tony finally worked up the courage to ask her out on a date. A first date that went rather well for the young couple. Only a few weeks after that first date, however, Jessie moved to France to teach English. The vast ocean between them wasn't so immense that the internet and telephone couldn't bridge. He was in the midwest. She was in Europe. But that didn't matter too much to them. They kept in contact and something special began.

Then, something quite horrible and life changing and altogether frightening entered their relationship.

Cancer.

Tony's diagnosis of Leukemia sent the fresh relationship onto an entirely different course. While in France, Jessie kept in tight communication with Tony and even found a way for the two to meet up in London after Tony's doctor had cleared him to travel.

After hearing this side of their relationship, it became obvious what the glue was that held them so tightly together. It made sense why they sat so closely together and could finish each other's sentences. They had fought together. They had fought hard and long and courageously.

And today, not only is Tony the husband of a beautiful wife, but he's also cancer free.

I told you. It's the stuff they make movies about.


Shooting their wedding was an honor for us and I thoroughly enjoyed being a part of it. I tried and tried and tried, but I just couldn't get my favorites from this wedding narrowed down any further... so I'm going to have to split it into two different posts (and there are even more on my facebook page). Enjoy some of my favorite portraits from Jessie and Tony's wedding

A few more getting ready photos
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

the first look. Jessie skipped halfway to Tony and ran the rest of the way. One of the most adorable things I've ever seen.
Photobucket

Jon grabbed this shot just after they saw each other for the first time
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jessie sporting her Ray-Ban's
Photobucket

Photobucket

The ladies looking fierce
Photobucket

Photobucket

The gents
Photobucket

The handsome groom.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Absolutely. Gorgeous. Bride.
Photobucket

Some of my favorite bridal photos ever.
Photobucket

Photobucket


Check back for more photos soon from their beautiful Jewel Box ceremony.

3 comments:

rubydubydoo1 said...

This bride is absolutely beautiful. The story made me cry. Cannot wait to see more!!

brit said...

I already commented on the FB photos, but I love this wedding. These shots are fantastic :)

Jharder said...

Ok. First of all. Never has a blog post made me cry. Dang you Hessel! I don't cry! Second of all you are a frickin sick photog. Your images, pristine and talent, exceedingly marvelous. Loved this one.