Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Christine and Billy :: Married on the first day of spring

I was about to explode with excitement when we drove up to Christine's apartment on her wedding day. Not only was it my first wedding of 2009, but it absolutely gorgeous outside on the first day of spring. And, to top it off, I got to photograph my beautiful friend Christine on the happiest day of her life! What a treat!

After a long night of final wedding prep, the ladies started getting ready early. So reinforcements were brought in :)
Photobucket

Christine's lovely mermaid dress and flowers
Photobucket

Photobucket

Christine and Billy wanted to see each other before the wedding (which is always a fab idea in my book), so they met up at Forest Park in front of the World's Fair Pavillion. I usually shoot this moment with a long lens so I can give the couple as much privacy as possible. But, even though I was quite a bit away from the couple, I could feel the excitement as they were about to meet for the first time.
Photobucket

Jon's view of the first meeting
Photobucket

Because they met a few hours before the ceremony, we had plenty of time to take photos of the lovely couple. We sersiously could not have asked for a better day.
Photobucket

Jon grabbed this shot while I was shooting from another perspective. Definitely a favorite.
Photobucket

Billy and Christine showed off some of their dancing moves under the canopy of the pavillion. With the way Billy's looking at his bride and the drama of Christine's motion blur, I may just have to order a big print or canvas of this one for my office.
Photobucket

She's such a beauty
Photobucket

The ladies at the archgrounds
Photobucket

Every time I go to the arch, I always laugh to myself at how many people are taking photos of the arch right underneath it and expecting to get the entire thing in the shot. I saw a guy fall over once while trying to get low enough to the ground. Most lenses just aren't wide enough to fit the entire arch into the frame unless you're quite a bit away from the structure. That is, unless, you have a supercool fisheye :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

the reception! This was a fun reception because of all the details Christine had planned for the evening. It was especially fun for Jon and I, though, because this was the same place we had our reception almost five years ago :).
Photobucket

Photobucket

the bling
Photobucket

Instead of cake, the couple had bananas foster.
Photobucket

Hey, Macarena
Photobucket

Photobucket

Thanks Billy and Christine for making my first wedding of 2009 such a great day!

2 comments:

Beth Berry said...

These are all gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it